Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pretty One


This book is dedicated to Pretty One.

I had no idea when I moved into my new home that I would develop a new and special friendship with Pretty One.

I was given a rare and unique opportunity when Pretty One allowed me to spend time with him and his family.
A friendship and trusting bond was built with this beautiful and special Canada goose as he included me in his daily life and shared his family with me. There were times when he stood there looking at me that I was keenly aware of the level of trust that existed between us.

I will never forget his elegant appearance as he stood next to me. Many times I wanted to reach out and stroke his neck, but I did not.

I’m grateful for this experience and I will treasure it always. It has been educational, fascinating, heartbreaking, heartwarming, and even funny.

Martie Gaudette

2 comments:

  1. Sweet. Love the name--Pretty One. Hmm. Sounds like a great title ;-)
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks E! Check out our facebook page if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete